Provincial Organizer – Job description
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Provincial Organizer will be responsible for Riding District Association development, candidate recruitment, identifying and training candidates and activists, fundraising support, and overall election preparedness for a specific region of the province.
- Assist NDP RDAs in pre-election organizing including development of outreach plans, fundraising plans, local social media plans, membership drives, specific events, and local volunteer recruitment.
- Recruit candidates and support the nomination process, working with the Director of Candidate Affairs.
- Plan, prepare, and conduct workshops/training sessions for candidates, Party members and activists.
- Answer questions and requests from NDP members and supporters.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Campaign or election experience.
- Ability to work with a team, be reliable, trustworthy and organized.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- The ability to motivate and work well with volunteers.
- Knowledge of the policies, practices and structures of the NB NDP.
- Excellent political judgement.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work irregular hours.
- Have driver’s license and access to a car an asset.
This is a full-time contract position from date of hire until September 25th, 2018. Location of work will be Fredericton, NB, but will require travel sometimes for longer periods.
Please email your CV to email@example.com.